6.08.2023

Let's Cut Down Trees (December 2022)







One day while John was at work, the children and I drove to Triangle to play lumberjacks.  It was a bitterly cold day (Again! Why do I choose these days to get the tree?!).
This post exists thanks to Millie, who brought her camera and took all these pictures.  I got impatient with sorting through them, so I'm just posting a ton to save time. My apologies.

When one reaches the top of a hill this enticing, of course, One Must Sled.   















































Millie kept taking funny pictures of Ransom because he looked so unhappy.  I feel confident in stating that this experience was not the highlight of his December.



















































Don't worry. After Millie called me over to laugh at Ransom with her, and I saw this expression of abject misery, I had the girls take turns sitting with him in the van.















Pip being a pip...























While my children (excepting Ransom) were in a high state of sledding bliss, where was I, you ask?  LOOKING FOR TWO CHRISTMAS TREES ALL BY MY LONESOME, that's where.








When I finally found them, I called Annika over to saw down one while I tackled the other.













 






Millie told us to look tough.
Annika looks tough. I look like an old man who just lost his dentures down the sink drain.
C'est la vie.

























Try number two: not much better, but it's a start.  I'm just not tough enough to smolder, I guess.












After that successful magazine shoot for Martha Stewart Living, we finally got around to cutting them down and dragging them out. 































And THEN, while I prepared to drag our tree downhill, Annika wheedled her way into convincing me that she should give Grandma's tree its first sledding experience. 







Seriously?















The first attempt left something to be desired. 





Namely, Annika's and the tree's presence inside the sled instead of out of it.












The second attempt was golden, and she made it all the way down the hill, while I huffed and puffed behind her with our tree. I should've tried the sled trick, I guess.

































2 comments :

Rebecca said...

I almost skipped this post entirely because... SNOW... but I am glad I didn't. I laughed from the top of this post all the way down to the bottom of it.

Abigail said...


Not only...SNOW...but also...SO MANY PICTURES!
I can never weed posts down. It's too much trouble.