1.21.2009

Even More Wood


I made three sloppy teabags on a whim one night long, long ago. The fact that not one of the three has been lost is nearly miraculous, and they are in constant use. I thought it would be fun to give the girls an upgrade for Christmas, so I made them fifteen, shiny, new teabags. (My motivation was selfish, though, because I have so much more selection now when they serve me.)



This is the only Twelve Days of Christmas gift that I actually made before Epiphany. It's a quick, simple gift that costs two bucks (provided your father keeps the green tea from inside the wooden box and pays the balance and your mother gives you leftover quilt batting and scraps of ric-rac).




I love the flavors that the girls attach to stripes and splashes of color. Midnight Blueberry, Chocolate Toffee , and Tropical-Fruity Stripe are my current favorites.

2 comments :

Rebecca said...

this is so cool. Seriously.

Would it be horrible if I were to steal such a good idea for my own? Yes-it probably would. But...would you forgive me for being horrible?

And if you forgive me--will you tell me where to get a WOODEN tea box?!?

Abigail said...

Yes, do! (Copy, that is...)

I looked at Wegman's for some but hadn't found any, so my Dad found some for me at Tom's Coffee, Cards and Gifts. If you can't go yourself, he'd easily be able to pick you up one, too. Just let me know, and I'll give you the tea choices so he can pick up the right kind.