1.02.2009

Spare the Rod

Besides being utterly spoiled in every way by our Owen family, we spent our time...

celebrating Sarah's birthday! (Note: my children are the only people too busy feeding their faces to acknowledge the camera.)


Wearing our new wardrobes!


Reading and being read to!



AND experiencing the wonder of Shrinky Dinks for the very first time. I'd never heard of these magical things before, so I was just as enthralled as the girls were watching them shrink! I was disappointed that they didn't also dink, but one can't expect a fallen world to be perfect. (Sarah took some great pictures of them watching them shrink, but I haven't downloaded them onto the computer yet, so you miss out.)







5 comments :

Kate said...

Never heard of shrinky dinks?!!!! Highlight of my childhood. Lovely.

Unknown said...

I've made shrinky dink "name tags" before for our children. They love to attatch their names to their stuff. You can buy blank shrinky dink sheets. They're cool!

Griffen said...

I used to have a bonnet just like Annie's and wore it ALL THE TIME. I THINK that's Annie. I didn't realize til you covered up their hair how much alike your girls really are... on this tiny screen a billion miles away having seen them in person a total of ONE times. I consider myself an expert on their fine details.

Abigail said...

John's cousin Beth hadn't heard of them, either! Thank goodness for our Owen family; they introduced us both to the wonder.

Sandy,
Millie's worn an oversized bonnet for the last two summers, and all three of the girls got new ones from McGamma for Christmas. It's funny because they've been wearing them when we go driving in the van, even when it's 5 below with a foot of snow. And, yeah, that's Annie! I think seeing hundreds of pictures of them does make you an expert...

Rebecca said...

I just love your titles...