1.21.2009

Word.

Millie was eating a lifesaver and asked me its flavor.

"Pina colada," I answered.

This ensued.

Millie: "Pickle-atta?"
Me: "No, Pina colada."
Millie, bravely forging ahead, "Pita-lotta?"

I had to stop laughing before I tried for three's the charm.

_________________________________________

Susannah has a touch of excema. She doesn't quite understand what it is, but she mangles it well.

Mournfully, in an attempt to stave off bedtime as I tuck her in, "Mama. I need med'cine. I have eggs in mine arms."

At supper, working herself into tears, "Oh, no, Millie! I have eggs! Oh, no..."

Last night, in a panic, "Mama! I have Nest Egg in mine elbows!"
Ah, don't I wish. She'd be our Goose with the Golden Excema...

5 comments :

Laura said...

I was at work when I read this post... and I laughed one good loud laugh. You can't do that to me, I may get fired... just kidding, but seriously!

pickle-atta, ahhh.

alltheposts said...

Nest Eggs in mine elbows, that one's my fav. My Nadia also has eczema on the inside of her elbows and the backs of her knees, but when she pronounces it, it sounds like a deadly disease.

Abigail said...

Laura,
I thought it might be something like a Pickle Latte. With sugar, please. Yum.

Torie,
Isn't it a deadly disease? From the way Susannah acts, it's gonna be the death of her.

Rebecca said...

poor girl! Andrew has that too-but his is on the back of his legs and his bum and lower back. (Mostly where clothing rubs continuously.) Do you rub anything on it?

Abigail said...

Hydrocortisone ointment can help, and it's available OTC, too.