10.16.2013

Because Rebecca's Post Reminded Me

...that I never shared pictures from J & J's wedding. 

A friend of mine from church married a wonderful man a few weeks back.  Their meeting and eventual falling-in-love is the stuff of legends, but since it's not my legend to share, I'll leave it at that.  I was honored to be a small cog in a celebration for which the Father had so clearly been at work.  May they share many joyful years together!

I have over 300 pictures (!), and I wasn't even shouldering the brunt of the work (thanks, Rebecca). This long string of pictures is a drop in the bucket, and I culled about 20 additional pictures I had included when I realized how ridiculously long this post was.  I don't think I'd ever want to be a wedding photographer.  Golly.


She was a beautiful bride, even without the dress.


 



 
 



 



Better yet, though, once she wore white.





 


















 




She and her girls were bubbling over and beautiful.




 





 




 




 






 
 


These handsome goof-offs were hysterical and irreverent.


 







 






Playing a rousing game of "hide the bride" while waiting for the all the guests to be seated.

 
 








The time has come!









All my snaps from the ceremony were just this grainy, so I only give these.


 






 



 


Best man's toast:









Best maid's toast:


 






Awww.

 



 


Watching the slide show:









First dance:


 










Pleased as punch mama and papa of the bride:






 


What they REALLY look like:



 










 
Just the two:



 



 



 



 



 







 


 

 



(And here's a technical question tacked on in hopes that someone can help me.  I use Picasa to upload pictures because it's a zillion times faster than using Blogger, but in the last week or so, somewhere in the uploading process, there's a bug that converts my black and white pictures to sepia.  I don't want sepia.  I want black and white, darn it!  I can't figure out how to remedy it; I even tried uploading from Blogger, but the same thing happened.  I don't know where the problem is, but it's driving me batty.  I'm batty enough already, so if you have any wisdom, please share!  
With my thanks, 
BattyGal.) 

4 comments :

Full of Grace said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that church and the colors/flowers matched so perfectly! I am struck at how happy everyone looks, especially the bride and groom! They are glowing with joy! What a beautiful day for a wedding! :)
as for the technical question, I wish I could help but I have no idea what to do and I use the same program, maybe you need to update it?

Rebecca said...

There are a few times that Picasa does strange things for me (never the sepia problem) but it acts like it has saved but it actually doesn't so instead of 'saving', I 'save a copy'. Usually, that does the trick. It makes an entirely new picture that SHOULD be what you wanted it to be in the first place!

I enjoyed looking upon their day through your perspective- you got some wonderful shots. My absolute FAVORITE one being the one with everyone watching the slideshow. Everyone from J&J to the smallest people in the back are all smiling! It is so stinkin' good.

And I love the one of someone tying her bow too. What a great shot. Yup- you now have to call yourself a professional. No denying it!

Molly said...

Fantastic photos, Abigail! What a beautiful day for a beautiful couple. Loved the church, flowers and even the bride's shoes! "Happy is the bride that the sun shines on!"

Much love!

Abigail said...

Elizabeth,
Thanks for the tip. I thought of that the other day, but when I went to update it, it said that it already was updated. Boo.


Rebecca,
I already do that, too! I am stymied. And going batty. (Did I mention that?)

Also, spastically snapping 300+ pictures at a wedding does not a professional make...as one can obviously see. And I'm fine with that! It's much easier to have the title Annoying Mom with a Camera.

Molly,
Believe it or not, she attached all those little beads on the shoes herself. I can't even imagine... And you're right. They were happy, happy, happy!