10.09.2013

Hlearning Again, But Without the Trumpets

You'll not find cutesy or artistic First Day of H'learning Pictures here, I'm afraid.  All I've got for you are girls running through the rain to find breakfast waiting.


 



Here's a fresh, little kindergartener.  (!)






The girls get to choose anything they own to wear on the first day of school, and I put their hair up in their requested styles.  Annika and Susannah chose fancy dresses (predictably) but also donned clip-on earrings and tacky chapstick.  Pip and Luci wore their favorite church dresses, and Millie, my practical old soul, wore an everyday outfit that was comfortable.


Four child-hlearners!  Four grades!  One "pre-hlearner!"  


ONE LITTLE MONSTER WHO'S ALREADY EATEN SOME SHARPIE MARKER EVEN THOUGH IT'S ONLY EIGHT O'CLOCK!








Pip is overjoyed to finally learn to read big books.  







I offer the following picture as solid proof that Lucinda Hope, my little tree frog, is the world's most beautiful child.  Simply stunning.







And here are pictures of the girls an hour later.  Fancy dresses, earrings, and chapstick-- all gone.






Millie was still smug and comfortable.





 



Pip was tired, and Luci was still the world's most exquisite child.




THE END.
 

4 comments :

Leah T. said...

Love these pictures! :)

Molly said...

Oh, how this made me laugh! How adorable!!! Great photos, and children:)

Much love!

Anonymous said...

Love it. If I ever am a homeschooling mother, I am going to shamelessly copy you and have my children get fancy duds on for their first day.

- Debbie

Rebecca said...

I fully intended to take first day of school pictures this year and....didn't. As usual.

I think these are far better than any shiny penny ones. Lucy is adorable. May God be with you as you teach these little minds. Four of them at once of fhlearning and a few more of ufhlearning.

You have your hands full!

(Yes, and wonderfully so!)