10.09.2013

Leftovers

They asked me to take a picture of them with their squashy loot.



 



 


I made so much honey and lemon over the course of a week that we ran out of honey.  Thanks fer nothin', turn-of-season germs.


 


Bushels and bushels of free apples to pick means the most delicious apple-y breakfasts.


 



Like this one...
Goodness gracious, yes.



 



Asters are slowly displacing the zinnias in indoor vases.  Soon, there'll be nothing but twigs.  (Sob.)



 



Lastly, as I was teaching Pip the "ch" sound, she drew a man driving a cheese maker.  And a dog.  And a large slab of cheese.  I think I'd like a cheesemaker, myself.



4 comments :

Molly said...

Love these! I just paid .99/lb. for organic squash for my pot roast dinner. Your bounty, both veggie and children, is always lovely!

Much love!

Deborah Anne said...

Ezekiel is the cutest. Who else could look like that sitting atop a wagon full of squash?!

- Debbie

Abigail said...

Doesn't he look funny? I laughed out loud when I saw this one.

Rebecca said...

I don't know how I have missed so many blog posts lately...I mean, I had company for a few days but is that a good excuse? I think not! A little late is better than never, I suppose. (My life in a nutshell.)

Along with the dwarf pumpkins, I got very little squash this year! (sniff) You'll be eating well this winter! (And speaking of asters- your new profile picture is absolutely stunning.)