5.14.2014

A Pitiful Post for Grandma Owen




Last year, Grandma Owen gave the girls gloriously poofy Easter dresses, and they still fit this year, so I thought I'd get a lovely portrait of the children on Easter morning.  

I even made Ezekiel a bow tie the night before to snazz up his vintage linen short-suit that my sister had passed along.  (I used this easy tutorial because I like people telling me what to do.)






Our first attempt, right before leaving for church, was a rousing success.





Wait-- is someone missing?  Lucinda's charming pose distracted me from Ezekiel's absence.







I'm a sucker for punishment, so I made a quick try again right after church.






Aaaaand, here are our rousing successes from the second time 'round.


 Running away!





Pulling curls!






Staring at cars passing by!






 Surly wiggle-face!





Full-out tantrum!





Up close!





On the hunt for...




more curls to pull!






I gave up.  And right after breakfast, Zeke's bow tie looked like this.  Good thing the joy of Easter isn't wrapped around bow ties and naughty boys, huh?




2 comments :

Rebecca said...

They looked so beautiful that day. The most striking thing I find about the Owen girls on Easter is their lovely, lovely curls.

Molly said...

I just love this post!!! Oh my, there's so much beauty, joy and "cuteness" going on. I was laughing at your words but the photos were ADORABLE! Thank you for the joy you send. I love the Owen Family!!

Much love!