5.29.2014

What We Now Have

- A new lawn area (Lord willing, for a blight-free tomato garden)
- Freshly painted lawn furniture (mildewed plastic just wasn't a good look)
- Alaskan cousins to play with for a couple of months who thankfully cut hlearning short for the day so I can paint lawn furniture, guilt-free!
- Weeded and mulched flowerbeds for the chickens to ruin
- a cleaner basement!!! (This deserves a row of these: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
- clean toilets, kitchen floor, bedrooms, etc. (watch out for the dust dinosaurs under John's and my bed, though)
- seedlings growing bigger and bigger, eager for transplanting
- a garden halfway weeded, to be finished before the l.f.d. (you should see the weeds...ugh.)
- more furniture painted
- good company for hosting and good food for eating
- a nearly empty spool of the year's formal hlearning

*and more!!!!*

BUT...


NO BABY.


Perhaps we just haven't been active enough.


 Eleven days past the due date, which can never be trusted, anyway, and all's well.





10 comments :

Rebecca said...

wow! Look at you go!

Cozykin is such a thoughtful child to give you time to accomplish so much! :-)

(And I have now officially finished a baby gift BEFORE a baby is born! Thanks, Cozykin!)

PS. What is the L.F.D? Is it some sort of rapture-day abbreviation? Large Flaming Dragon? Lawn Fills with Dandelions? Little Fellow Delivers?

Bonnie said...

Checking multiple times a day for a baby face! I see nesting is in full force, so hopefully for you, it's a good sign. Never meant diddly-do for me : p

(L.F.D. = Lively Flamenco Dancing? Little Filled Diapers?)

Molly said...

I am so impressed! Could you please bottle up some of those good hormones and send some south? I'd appreciate it very much. Maybe I could get a few things done around here.;)

This is getting to be very exciting waiting for Cozykin to debut. Like Rebecca and Bonnie, I also check multiple times. Glad you are able to make a huge dent in your "to-do" list!

L.F.D. = Late For Delivery? Looking For Dinner? Sorry, had to chime in...

Much love!

Renata said...

It is lovely to read your update Abigail! What a lot of work you have accomplished. Both times my waters broke I was in the middle of huge cleaning jobs and it annoyed me to have to go to the hospital! Hopefully with all your nesting it won't be long before you meet your little one!

You look just beautiful in that picture! Pregnancy certainly suits you!
Have a wonderful day
Renata:)

Renata said...

P.S. L.F.D.- large family dinners; lovely female delivers; lolly filled days; .... Just to join in ( although I really should be paying attention to Ellie's spelling practice as I just missed a couple of words....). Take care :)

heidiann(e) said...

oh, lucky me, that John leaked the wonderful news on FB!
Congratulations, dear Ooble et al!
He is perfect, precious, adorable, and I cannot wait to smoosh him.
Love to you ALL!

heidiann(e) said...

Can't wait to hear his name announced!

Titi said...

(would it ruin the fun if I blabbbed that l.f.d is actually Last Frost Date, e.g. it's safe to plant your tomatoes and peppers and basil?)

Bonnie said...

Titi- Yes. : D (however, I know at least 3 of us on here are gardeners and how pathetic that we never figured that out. That was an "oh- duh" for me)

Abigail said...

Last
Frost
Date

Which, here on the hill, we usually count as a Very Late for Many Gardeners date of June 1st.

Titi, you win a lollipop! :)