5.14.2014

A'Hunting We Will Go

I don't know why I took so many pictures of the children looking for their baskets; I really don't.  It follows that I don't know why I'm posting them all.  



Here's Lucinda Hope on the hunt.















 She meandered past the burn circle several times before our frantic calls of "HOT! HOT!" sank in and she investigated the broken shelf further.









Sweet, sugary success.








Pip was next.  She began her hunt by sitting by the chives (her favorite daytime snack, to which her potent kisses will attest) and thinking.






Then she meandered around, 










followed Annika's example and 




jumped off the truck, 





before finally uncovering her basket in the rusty, metal wagon.





Sweet, sugary success.






I thought it'd be funny to hide Susannah's basket between the two (sprung) rat traps in between our screen door and the door to midair.






She looked high.










She jumped low.



















And she finally found it!










I don't have many pictures of Annika because by this time I was running out of steam, so I let her run around the yard in peace.














Once we yelled, "HOT!," she knew right where to look.









Then comes the eldest daughter.  I warned her that we cheated with her hiding place.  






















She finally crossed the road (which is not allowed for Easter basket hiding) and found her basket near the culvert pipe.










Zekie boy was last, and he found his with ease.










Sweet, sugary success.

The End.








No comments :