5.14.2014

Still Learning How to H'learn



Formal learning has puttered along for the last couple of months, sputtering and coughing with nothing too exciting to report, but here are the snapshots I found on my camera.

I took this because oft-neglected Luci was thrilled to finally have "work" to do.






The Pip learns to skip-count.




Susannah Wren is a dreamer.  It takes her an hour to wash a small stack of dishes because she spends the time thinking and looking out the window as she sloooooowly washes.(  "It's so relaxing, Mama.") Math and science follow suit, and I sometimes take pictures of the things I uncover in her books.










Older artwork before it's recycled: paper collages.  (They just drew an animal and then ripped paper scraps to fill it in however they wanted.)






I loved how these turned out.  We used this blog post as a starting point.










Susie didn't like how her owl looked, so she added a mouse and a rat, which improved it to her satisfaction.





Spring means we hit the books outside.  They keep their hands busy while I read history.






Sometimes distractions crop up, though.






These chickens bowling together, for instance...






Mostly, though, from pajama-clad reading first thing in the morning to pajama-clad reading last thing at night, reading is king.  That covers a lot of my lack as a teacher-mama, or so I hope.




No comments :