5.14.2014

Following the Masters


This is an oldie, but I just uncovered it during my nesting (i.e. crazed, headless chicken) phase.  Pip painted it last fall, and it remains one of my all-time favorite pieces of children's art.


It's a scarecrow, flying with the help of a friendly balloon, joined by royal bird and the exclamation, "Soopot." [Soup pot.]












And just because it was in the same stack of papers to file away, here's a note I found on the coffee table one morning.  I didn't try to unravel the mystery of how, why, or wherefore.  I think it's better that way.





3 comments :

Abigail said...

p.s. "d" stands for "downstairs" bathroom, not "darned" bathroom. Of that I AM certain.

Titi said...

Has anyone over there read Howl's Moving Castle?

Abigail said...

I don't think they've yet read it, but I think the older girls have seen it. I still have to see it, though. We watch movies so rarely that it's been on our shelf for a couple of years, and I still haven't gotten around to it, even though I love Miyazaki (tho' not as much as Mildred does).