5.14.2014

Pomp and Circumstance and Silliness in Snapshots




The refrain "He is risen!  He is risen indeed!" rings with more truth than a thousand such snapshots could ever contain, but here, quickly, are the pictures from our Easter celebration.


From the middle of the night:  Surprise eggs!









A filthy kitchen, finally clean!










At breakfast: the usual cinnamon rolls, chocolate bunny pops, surprise eggs, and jelly beans.  Complete. Balanced. Nutritious.  Best enjoyed while wearing curlers.



























From lunch:
We had only three guests this year, which made it easy to be a bit ridiculous and cut out a dozen paper rabbits for placecards





...plus one chick for Luci.






The wheat grass made for a perfect and simple centerpiece and pulled together our haphazard, rummage sale collection of dinnerware.










 (Three snapshots of grass?  Really?  I told you all that green made me happy, didn't I?)







It made the rabbits happy, too; by the day's end, they were all hidden inside of it.





Here are pictures I took for buildabelly, so someday you can look for these recipes.  


Bright lemon cheesecake





with raspberry sauce.





My favorite carrot cake






with candied carrot curls.










It's even better two days later...







Challah (I made a loaf for communion and one for us.)














 Better than all the food to build one's belly is a younger sister with whom to enjoy it.





who will also slice the spiced ham for you.










a Mopsy who will grin cheerfully by the table, 






and a father who will comment positively on your overabundance of stuff on the walls.






3 comments :

Rebecca said...

:-) Your words always make me laugh. Your fathers' antics do too.

And those two-tone chocolate eggs are so neat!

Abigail said...

That's one of the things I miss so much about Dad. He always took note of and appreciated the little touches of decorating or table presentation. Much as I love her, my Mom doesn't notice them as much, because that's just not one of her interests! :)

Abigail said...

(At that moment, he was admiring how I'd placed the bright enamelware that he and Mom had given me as part of my birthday gift a few days prior.)