3.22.2019

Christmas Tree Hunting: Picture Dump



We went with my sister Becky and her children, and since I was cutting down a tree, I didn't have the camera for most of the time. We don't see Becky and the cousins as often as anyone would like (living next door to them again is the solution, I think), and it's always a delight to visit with them all. I can't give credit where credit is due, but Annika, Susannah, Candida, and Hannah are the brilliant photographic minds behind this post.





We drove to a new farm this time because the one I've gone to since childhood had its bridge washed out in the fall floods. This farm was insane. Look at those perfectly manicured trees! I am in deep soul-searching now regarding next year's Christmas tree.  My sentimental loyalties are still here, but, man, look at these perfectly manicured trees!!!  They might just be worth the jump from $12 trees to $20.





The one Giant Mistake I made was replying to John's suggestion that I leave sleepy, hungry Cadence home with him and the baby with "No, I'd like to take her! She'll have fun!"


She did not have fun.

19/20 of the time there, this was her face.




Lovely girls. It's crazy how much they've grown.












Aidan was in love with the hand saw and kept trying to cut down all the grass in the world.





The girls found a natural photobooth somewhere and got some beautiful shots of beautiful girls.















Look at those cheekbones! She's like a supermodel-lumberjack.










This mama, on the other hand, looks like a happy doofus.






Nick pulled the tree, James pulled Nick, and the tree came down.

















19/20 of the time.





1/20 of the time.




























James desperately wanted to carry the tree on his own.
Don't worry. A minute later I let him.

























Candida is a great storyteller and had us all intently listening.





















We stopped by Debbie's lovely house on the way home.






To see Debbie, yes (but MOSTLY for this little guy).





Three sisters in one room! This doesn't happen often enough, either. And, whaddya know, look who's in the corner hogging the woodstove all to herself....




2 comments :

Rebecca said...

I'm done with Christmas and winter and everything cold so I will only comment on the beautiful blue eyes of Taig (I know I misspelled that.) And the onions hanging from the rafters of her amazing kitchen.

Swoon.

Abigail said...

That's the beauty of having a handy husband (as you know!). Rundy has put in countless hours rebuilding the house from scratch, taking it down to its bones and re-doing it completely piece by piece. It was his childhood home, and it is a true labor of love. He and Debbie have designed so many unique details. And gorgeous, yes!