3.22.2019

Frugal Fancy-Pants or Bust: Early December


If you've noticed a deterioration in quality of Frugal Fancy-pants snapshots over the years, you're not alone. I've noticed it, too.  

I simply don't care enough, but this post proves that I've reached an all-time low. 


EXHIBIT A:

Wear this outfit to fold the laundry in your immaculate living room. (What?! YOU don't have rolls of toilet paper** that appear all over your house? Weirdo.)


**Something funny: I just realized it's actually a can of beans. I assume, sometimes wrongly, that any cylindrical object is a roll of toilet paper because we DO have rolls of toilet paper that appear all over our house. Also, apparently, cans of beans.







Jeans: dime at a rummage sale
Black shirt: nickel at a rummage sale
Sweatshirt: dime at a rummage sale
Slippers: borrowed from Millie because I haven't found myself a cheap enough pair yet.

Optional accessories: 
-Children. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
They complete the look like nothing else.
-Detritus. All over the floor.

Total cost of outfit: about a quarter




EXHIBIT B: 
Wear this outfit to church. Admire the skirt. Ask Millie to take a quick picture in spite of the terrible lighting. (Forget to lock the children up first.)












Blouse: dime at a rummage sale
Skirt: either a hand-me-down or dime at a rummage sale (I can't recall)
Gray heels: Those ones from Target clearance for under $3.
Blue bead earrings: nickel at a rummage sale

Optional accessories: Children + balloons.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Really, I can't overstate that one.

Total cost of outfit: about $3.00.



Side-by-side comparison: 

 

2 comments :

Rebecca said...

That skirt! The whole ensemble. Love it.

(Also- best accessories ever.)

Abigail said...

If I had been truthful, I would not have labeled them under "optional," 'cause, really, they're ESSENTIAL.