3.15.2019

Leftovers, Or, What Real Life Looks Like




What does one do when one's weapons are not close enough to one's bike?!  This is why knights invented squires, you know.







Yeah, the lion costume still fits like a charm.






Annika and I accidentally dressed alike, stripes and all.





MILDRED!!! I take ONE little break from mowing the lawn, and you abuse my camera?!






Uh-oh. Someone discovered the toilet.






Uh-oh.  Someone discovered the scissors.







Annika won a blue for her table runner! 







Daily calisthenics.







So much basil this year! At least something loved all that rain.






Peekaboo.















Soups for all the suppers and all the lunches. I'm thinking about extending them to breakfasts...























She stole this doughnut before we could dump them to the chickens and walked out to the couch looking enormously pleased with herself.





Millie folded lots of origami ornaments for a craft fair. She didn't sell any, but they're pretty cute nonetheless. Maybe we'll pot a small Christmas tree in our living room next year just for the origami.








Boys and girls sliding around with bags on their stockinged feet....at bedtime.





It's always a sad day when you first discover that marker does not wash off of paper. She tried her best, though.


















I liked this bookmark Susannah made; if a goat saw it, he would like it enough to eat.




Lucinda makes these funny little people which she gives out as gifts. These were for Pastor Steve.





They have a special hugging feature included.










3 comments :

Rebecca said...

I have heard people take down their trampolines in winter to protect and prolong their lifespans and we have not done so the past two winters and watched the mat load up with snow that we would then have to shovel off and I always worried about it. So this year I thought, I am going to be proactive and responsible and take the trampoline down this winter. (Or, at least, ask Matt and the kids to. ha!)

Which they did. But they propped it up sideways against the treehouse so as not to accumulate snow (against my warnings) and the first big snow storm it fell down right on our chicken fence and now has a huge rip in the mat.

So much for me trying to protect the dumb thing.

Still, we all love it so much that is going to have to be something that is replaced when I get the funds for it. Thankfully, a mat isn't as much as a whole new trampoline because I can't imagine being without one at this point. And not just for the childrens' sake...

Abigail said...

Oh,nooooooooo! This is an instance in which saying, "I told you so" wouldn't make you feel any better.

We've taken ours down (disassembling the net, mat, and springs, and storing everything but the frame in the coop) for the last two winters because, alas, the fall before last, a Mighty Wind (you know the kind) carried our trampoline into the treetops. Thankfully, I could fix the rips in the safety net, but we had to buy a replacement for a frame section that was irreparably twisted out of shape.

And I, like you, had no regrets in doing so.
Trampoline repair is WORTH IT. :)

Nanno said...

Some great photos here! Love the one of you sneaking a jump on the trampoline! Abigail, I'm shocked!