3.22.2019

Frugal Fancy-pants: Even Later December






Wear this outfit for second-day-of-Christmas shopping, when you buy all of your children's stocking candy for the following year on clearance (Yup. I do that.).

I wasn't planning on asking Millie to take a Frugal Fancy-pants picture because I'm not that fancy, but then my brother Joel complimented me. Yes, that brother Joel! I immediately knew that if it met his approval, the outfit was worthy.






-Black ankle boots: borrowed from Millie
-Land's End mom jeans: ten cents at a rummage sale
-Color-block cabled sweater: ten cents at a rummage sale
-Dangly red earrings: hand-me-down from Becky

Total cost of outfit: about 20 cents

Optional accessory:
-A doofy expression: free and plentiful, if you're me





EXHIBIT A.2:

Wear this to your children's Sunday morning Christmas program.  Green makes me happy, can you tell?





-Black ankle boots: borrowed again from my long-suffering Mildred 
-Vintage Land's End wool wrap-around skirt: ten cents at a rummage sale (complete with a multitude of moth holes that I mended badly)
-Black shirt: rummage sale; ten cents
-Green cowl: knit by that sweet, long-suffering Mildred

Total cost of outfit: about 20 cents
Optional accessories: 
-Black earrings: five cents
-Green lucite bracelet: gift from Millie (rummage sale for a dime)
-A confident stride off the porch: free...just don't slip on the ice







A holiday gremlin on top of your head: an unexpected gift






EXHIBIT B:






Wear this to re-set the weasel trap boxes in and around the chicken coop.


-Weldo: lovingly knit by Mildred
-Purplish BLUE coat: ten cents at a rummage sale or a hand-me-down, I can't remember (and it's not bluish-purple, like half of my children argue)
-Ill-fitting jeans: dime at a rummage sale
-Camo hunting boots: hand-me-down

Total cost of outfit: about 20 cents

Optional accessories (but not really optional if you want to catch the ermine your girls spied in the top of the coop)
-Bloody chicken giblets: a few dimes from the center of a roast chicken
-Modified rat trap: free with stuff we had on hand
-Grill tongs, to carefully put the meat into the trap boxes that have live traps: gift from Mom Owen




Side-by-side comparisons:


        



         




1 comment :

Rebecca said...

Although this green was striking too. It is impossible to choose.

You spiff up nicely!