3.16.2019

Frugal Fancy-pants: Early October



EXHIBIT A.1:

Wear this outfit on a honeymoon date with your Heart-- 17 years on this rocketship!-- and only decide after the fact that you look like a big goofball.  Don't you love that I'm featuring Frugal Fancy-pants outfits that I've decided I don't even like?! Desperation-- pure and simple. One of many great things about John is that he's immune to fashion and rarely notices when I think I'm looking especially fetching. His compliments always pour forth when I'm in a bathrobe and looking like a tired, old lady. (I'm keeping him.)





Dress: hand-me-down
Leggings: ten cents at a rummage sale
Flats: hand-me-downs 
Earrings: hand-me-downs
Puppy: Well worth the pennies we paid (over protests) for her




The outfit can also, if one desires, be accessorized with a gust of wind.






Total cost of outfit: about ten cents



EXHIBIT A.2: 

Wear this outfit to church, which is just about the only reason I dress up these days.






Skirt: ten cents at a rummage sale
Shirt: ten cents at a rummage sale
Heels: ten cents at a rummage sale

Optional accessories:
A grimace: I'm sure you can find one somewhere
Wooden earrings: handmade by Millie
Wooden bracelet: gift from my sister Becky
Puppy licks: gross but still kind of cute
A rooster tail, with rooster attached: free




Also, highly recommended as a vital accessory is this water-toned shawl, last year's birthday gift from Mildred, paired with the free turtle pin.




Don't skimp on the turtle pin.






EXHIBIT B:

Wear this outfit to do outdoor chores when the first nip in the air arrives.




Gray tee: dime at a rummage sale
Ill-fitting jeans: dime at a rummage sale
Green Nikes: dime at a rummage sale
Weldo: made with love by Mildred, who hates him and thinks he's the ugliest hat in the world

Optional accessories: 
Puppy: Still little. Still cute. Still worth every penny.
Pumpkin: an acceptable substitute for those who don't have a new puppy-- free

Total cost of outfit: about 20 cents

Side-by-side comparison:









No comments :