1.17.2008

Hope Deferred

Susannah kept running to whatever place she saw the greatest rush. Several times, I foiled her plans to walk chest-deep and higher.



I sometimes wonder what sort of snapshots I'll be able to take when I'm not snapping away with one hand, the other laden with baby or, in this case, one hand constantly holding baby back from certain death.



I like to tell myself they'll be snapshots of a higher quality, but what on earth will I take pictures of once the girls are grown?

3 comments :

heidiann(e) said...

and i love that perspective:
protecting momma reaching out, yet also enjoying the moment.

and they're not going to grow up anyway. at least not in any un-photogenic way. just look at their parents!

Abigail said...

Somehow, I doubt they'd appreciate me dogging their every step once they're older. Hey, let me take a picture! Hey, let me take a picture! Could you please tell your husband to move a little to the left? Thanks, dear! Oh, and little Bobby Jean, sit down in the front please, honey!

Abigail said...

On second thought, do you think they appreciate it now? Let's not think about that, shall we...