1.17.2008

More Smockity Smock



I had enough dollar-a-yard fabric I'd picked up last summer to make smocks for Annika and Susannah, but there wasn't enough for Millie, so we searched the stacks together for something suitable.


We found a giant bolt of carnival fabric, also for a dollar a yard, that looked so lonely I don't think anyone had cut a length from it in all its time in the store. I wanted it, but I asked Millie if she liked it before snatching it up. I bought four yards, which is four times the amount I needed for the smock, but it's a fun repro print that I thought was worth stashing away.











3 comments :

Rebecca said...

great job on the smockity smocks! I look forward to seeing whatever February Gifts are in store for them...I can't imagine anything more wonderful than the things they already received!

Abigail said...

SHH! Don't tell.
They're just library bags, nothing elaborate, but I'm going to embroider their names on them, which takes a little more time.

Rebecca said...

Ooooh! Nice! Can't wait to see them. I have a sneaking suspicion the embroidery will be more than just plaintext... can't wait to see!