1.27.2008

Needful



We finished math for the day and had yet to begin phonics when I suddenly decided to take the girls for a walk. It was bitterly cold out, but since I've been cemented to the couch eating chocolate for the last three months, I'm adequately insulated against even arctic temps. The girls move regularly and lack the self-made protection of blubber, so I had to bundle them in lots of woolens. They were still cold.

We walked toward the river to find some new adventure, but once we reached an overflow pond, they stopped to play. Then, before we reached the river proper, Susannah decided that gaining frostbite on top of missing a nap wasn't worth the adventure and began wailing. So ends our adventure.

And because I hate to disappoint, here are some snapshots.


We crossed the railroad after a lengthy inspection of the rock pile (which necessitated dancing on top of and sliding down it a few times).









I carried Susannah in the sling for most of the walk, so she was gypped of the fun.



3 comments :

heidiann(e) said...

what a beautiful day.
i love those rock-pile conquerers.

Full of Grace said...

I love all the matching accessories you put on your girls! Did you make their hats and mittens? I'm sort of excited that I'll be able to do this soon too :)

Abigail said...

My mom made them as part of their Christmas gifts. They're super-cute, and better yet, warm.

I'm excited for you, too!