1.17.2008

Twelve Gifts of Christmas

Because the girls receive so many glorious gifts from grandparents (ahem, you grandparents, you!), John and I don't usually give the girls much at all. We don't want them overloaded with more than their small frames can handle, and it's hard for children to respond appropriately to gifts and the proper place of goods in the world when they open heaps of stuff taller than they are.

So, they opened lots of wonder and surprise on Christmas morning, and most was given by others who love them. I bought them markers and crayons, some trinkets for their stockings, and gave them books we saved from library sales, and John gave them a few board games. We gave them small gifts for the Twelve Days of Christmas, and I also sewed them simple gifts. I love that the Twelve Days is celebrated after Christ's birth, and one superficial reason is that it gives me time to start-- and sometimes even finish-- some gifts.

This year's gifts were less time-consuming than last year's monsters, but true to form, I haven't begun the time-consuming ones yet. When I find time, I'll begin them and then finish them. I really hope that they can be Happy February! gifts.

No comments :