12.09.2016

Thanksgiving Day



As long as no one went in the basement (don't worry, I nailed the door shut), the floors in our house were clear. Clear!  Nothing to step on or trudge through or walk over!  That's my explanation for why I took pictures of our downstairs rooms before people arrived.  I wanted proof of that 20-minute window that happens a few times a year when our house is clean.  And full of yummy food, thanks to the girls baking and cooking with me all day so I wouldn't have to stay up all night. 


\


 








Millie made the apple pies this year. Debbie and Mom made the rest, so I didn't even make one!  At this rate, by 2025, I'll just sit reading in an armchair on Thanksgiving morning.




 __________________________________________________________________

Right here-- this line of demarcation-- is where my photos from Thanksgiving end.  All the rest occurred once family arrived, and the camera lay forgotten.  Forgotten, that is, until dusk fell, and the camera passed hands.  I think Annika & Cassie deserve the credit for most of the following pictures, but I saw others with it, as well.  I probably should have put the settings on auto, but here are a few of the nearly 200 pictures I found on my camera the following day.  I am deeply thankful for my family.  So much love.  We missed you, Alaskan Johnsons!  I wish there were grainy pictures of you here, too...

__________________________________________________________________




















 Cassie: if you're the one who documented the first time the chandeliers have been cleaned in 2 years, I thank you.












I think Baby Gary looks a bit like Dad here.  Serious, little man.










Aidan and Ezra do look alike!  I'm not so sure about Tom and James, though...










_________________________________________________________________

Here my pictures resume.  At nearly eleven, the house was filled with sleeping bodies.









I was pretty impressed by Zeke's position here.





And the next morning, normal life resumed.






Yup.  A little too normal, hehehe.







No comments :