6.15.2007

A Close Shave

While John was gone, the girls and I planned to go to the zoo and the Discovery Center, but our plans fizzled into a near-bust. W hen we arrived at the zoo, they were just closing the ticket booth. Who knew the gate closed at 4:00? (Certainly not me, who tends to boldly--no, not foolishly!-- sail ahead without calling first.) So, we went on the free carousel and played on the playground for nearly 2 hours in 100 degree heat. Every time we go to the zoo, the girls don't get to play on the playground because we're there for the zoo, and playgrounds, unlike zoos, are abundant. So, despite not being able to accomplish the much-hyped zoo visit, they were thrilled to play, drenched in sweat, on the Forbidden Playground.

Here we are on the merry-go-round. Look at Susannah's flushed, little face.



And the complete happiness of her sisters.




2 comments :

Rebecca said...

Every time I open up your blog I am awarded different pictures. Certain ones 'open' one time, the next visit a few more open up...if I visit often enough I may see all of them!

This visit I actually got to view these carousel pictures. I laughed because just last week we rode carousels and someone was joking about how I use Andrew to ride myself. And then I see, you do just as I. WHY would anyone just STAND on the platform when they COULD be riding?!? Beats me...

Abigail said...

There are five free carousels in this area (it's the Carousel Capital, thanks to good ol' Johnson), and when John takes Susannah, I ride on my own horse and LOVE it. There's no shame in delighting in delightful things, no matter what one's age or occupation. I'm glad you know this, too.