6.15.2007

Hoping for Halitosis

One of John's co-workers gave him about 100 garlic bulbs that had sprouted from heads she didn't dig up last fall. Though it's not recommended to transplant garlic, I didn't want them to go to waste, and I was excited to get them, so I drove to Nanticoke to steal a row of my parents' garden space. They have a mammoth garden, and mine is already full, so it's only right that they share from their abundance. (As I'll share the garlic when harvest comes...) It took me nearly two hours to dig, shovel manure, and plant them all, and the girls played while I fine-tuned a lobster burn of epic proportions. I wince sitting down in a backed chair, thanks to the farmer's "tan" of which Winona writes.

Moving on, Susannah is both uneasy and excited when she sees Debbie's hound Huckleberry.



They ran down a hill.



And walked up again.





And when I finished planting, they played in the sprinkler.




3 comments :

Liana said...

I love the picture of the 3 of them... so "Little House-ish."

Rebecca said...

I am deep in the throws of garden withdrawal. All those garden pictures sure are making me GREEN...with envy.

Looks like you have AMPLE room for a bountiful harvest...and look forward to all the garden stages to come.

Now-I will be back tomorrow for the rest of the comments... :-)

Full of Grace said...

I agree, I love the photo of the girls together, I was trying to figure out why, and then when I read how it is so "little housish" it hit right on the nose! :)