6.26.2007

Underfoot the Divine Soil, Overhead the Sun

There is little in life more satisfying than working and playing in the rain. I love storms in any season, but I was especially glad for the one that arrived last week. I'd been working in the sun for an hour and a half, with sweat rivuleting from my head to my feet, when clouds blackened the blue, and rain came down. The lightning was still distant enough for me to continue working with my head tilted back to catch the drops, and so I did.

Becky used my camera to take pictures of the girls and tuzzins enjoying the shower. I like all of these pictures, and so I post. And post. And post.


Annika


Millie with the everpresent basket.




Candida filling the elephant basket with kittens.



I love these two shots of Hannah in color, but after I converted them to black and white, I might like them even more.






The Nixie.



Their relationship rushes from bosom friends to bitter enemies and back again in a space of seconds.



Becky must have done something outrageously funny in order to get these faces.



And a posed shot of the momentary pals.




Candida rushing through the woods to reach grandmother's house before the wolf does....or something like that.



Millie by the swing set.


3 comments :

Sarah said...

the one of so many neice-cousins laughing is by far one of my favorite pictures ever. ever.
and since i'm horrible about commenting ... i loved the red booties a way back too

Abigail said...

Isn't it the greatest?! It's one of my all-time favorites, too. What a shame that I can't claim the honor of taking it.

Rebecca said...

That one of everyone laughing hysterically makes me laugh inside.