6.15.2007

Extra

This post is purely to show that I do, occasionally, engage in crafts. The girls made these from a package they received before sending them back to their place of origin. (Note Annika's unstinting use of elephants.)



The girls made cookies by themselves, with coaching, in the midst of a flour windstorm that blew out of the southwest.




The important part of this picture is Annika and the joy found in an empty eggshell.




Or an empty bowl, for that matter...



Then I made buttercream frosting, and they frosted the cookies.




This picture is here to show Mildred's requested shade of frosting (pink-orange) and to show Dude and McGamma what the cookies looked like when they were mailed. (I doubt they were much more than a hill of crumbs by the time they arrived.)



Lastly, here are some birthday cards made by me and Annika for Great Grandma Owen. And, yes, I did copy Annika, although nesting my flower in a bunch of cabbage leaves (????) was my own stroke of artistic genius.

No comments :