6.26.2007

Zoo- Try Two

This week, we arrived with seconds to spare before the gate closed, but we looked at animals for an hour. Because we came in the late afternoon, many of the drowsy and napping animals we usually see were instead pacing about, restless for the food they earn from curious stares.

Leopard


Amur Tiger



River Otter


They're watching the Spectacled Bears, who ambled around with a silent, heavy tread.




The leaping tamarins fascinated this girl.




Before we left, we made a pit stop at the playground.




(She ate graham crackers instead of apples this time.)




And then they played on the giant ball outside of the newly renovated Target. Who needs to step inside when the best part is next to the entrance!


4 comments :

Michelle said...

Oooh! What is different about Target now? You know, I still have some money left on my gift card... ;)

Abigail said...

I don't know! They've prettified the entrance, and the store looks bigger from the outside with an addition, so I expect they've got more stuff in it. I rarely go to Target, because I love what they sell and like to window shop, so we only go inside when we have a specific Mission to Accomplish.

Anonymous said...

About the third-from-last picture:

When I see pictures of Millie, I'm always amazed by her wide, brown eyes. She is very pretty, and I always think she looks like you. And looking at Susannah makes me remember when Deirdre was that age. It was very...fun?...(fun doesn't seem like the right word) when Deirdre was that age. (And Deirdre still is fun to have around. :-)

Abigail said...

Thanks, Cadie, especially for saying Millie favors me! I sometimes stare at her when she's not aware of me. Those big, brown eyes pull me right in.