3.02.2012

Failure

I stink at taking pictures of people-visits, either our family visiting people or people visiting our family. Here's a case in point. My college chum Mags, now a successful, globetrotting DVM (not to be confused with the DMV), spent the night with us before her next big adventure-- a move to New Zealand! I haven't seen her since the Bird was a baby, and it was lovely to catch up with each other's lives anew. I offer this photographic evidence of her visit. A wind-numbing, short walk to Indian Village, documented with four shoddy photos.


Everyone in one frame.




Annie's delight in finding her lost bow from last summer.




Mags and her crew of five children (she even carried Luci for me!  What a girl.).





Aaaand.

That's it.



I don't really think this dearth of picture-taking is a flaw, though.  It's a healthy sign of being fully present with people of whom I see too little.  Say it with me now, "Down with shotsnaps!!!!"

2 comments :

heidiann(e) said...

Those make me happy!
I miss you AND Mags!

Abigail said...

Sigh. Ditto that double.

Oh, for that happy day at Turtle Dreams when we enjoyed one another's company, and the girls splashed in the fairy fountain, and you crushed leaves to make a salve for Su's naked baby bottom...

Such wonderful girls-- good souls-- you two are.