3.02.2012

For the Grandmas

I intended to take a picture around Christmas. Taking one around Valentine's Day isn't too far off the mark, is it?

 Here are the grandgirls all in red.  They're all a bit funny, but you can take your pick of the lot-- of pictures, not of girls. (I really should hire an editor to correct awkward wording.)




Luci looks obstinate in this one.














And here's the last picture I took, immediately before which I asked, "Who wants a lollipop?"
 It showcases the only genuine smiles.  Oh, well.   Here's to lollipops for everybody.



6 comments :

Michelle P said...

lollopops are amazing like that. but all of these pics are great-- they are such beautiful girlies!

Rebecca said...

Gorgeous!

And I love Pipers look in the second one!

And Luci's bonnet? I saw one very similar on the internet and saved it for later so that I would make the girls' one. Mine were to be in mustard yellow and in dark teal. But guess what never got made?!

Did you make that one? It is precious!

Abigail said...

It's probably the same! I found it on a blog, now forgotten, that was hosting a storybook sew-along (or something of the sort) and kept the idea. I made her and Beebee matching ones and would love to try some with a thinner fabric and with added embroidery. The fleece is cute but pretty bulky. The great thing is that they take no time to whip up. I freehanded the rough shape onto fleece, cut it out, and sewed it up. Now that's my kind of project! It's not as satisfying as something more elaborate, but it squelches the nagging itch for making that I've indulged so little.

Rebecca said...

That is the very BEST kind of project. The kind that ACTUALLY get done. *sigh*

The fact that it is so simple and yet (STILL!) didn't get done shows how pathetic I am.

And yep-I bet it is the same one because I remember it being in a story sew along type thing.

Kate said...

Annika looks so like you and Susanna so like your sister in this batch of photos. It's uncanny!

Abigail said...

Rebecca,
...says the girl who sewed couture dresses for Easter. HA!

Kate,
So glad that the Johnson blood runs true! :)