3.02.2012

The Right Way


There are clearly right and wrong methods for waking up. This one's the right way. (Sorry for the Lucinda glut, but I couldn't stand seeing her undrowsing in that lovely patch of light without taking too many pictures. And, as you know, if I take 'em, I post 'em, discretion be darned, so I guess I'm not sorry, after all.  Sorry about that...)

 TEN EASY STEPS TO WINNING YOUR WAY INTO THE HARDEST HEART

1.
Sit in a rare patch of morning light.
Rub your eyes.
Make sure you still look sleepy.





2.  Grin the tiniest bit when you see your sister.  (Make sure it looks genuine.)






3.  Rub your eyes again, only with more vigor this time around.






4.
Yawn.
Stretch.
Squint.





5.
Two words: poochy mouth.
Always throw in a poochy mouth for good measure.






6.
Be thoughtful.
Turn so that if the hard-hearted anyone wants to take a black and white profile, they can.





7.  Toss in a few demure downward looks.




8.
Add another yawn.
Another stretch.
This time, gaze in the general direction of the hard heart.
(This serves to crumble any remaining defenses.)




9.  Tuck your hands inside your shirt to warm them up.
The goal here is two-fold: first, to warm your hands; second, to make your mama grin.





10. Lastly, having seen that your mission is successful, flash a grin right back.





4 comments :

Deborah Purdy said...

I love her.

Abigail said...

Me, too!

I'm going to blog-stalk you, just so you know...

Deborah Purdy said...

Oh, I figured that would happen as soon as I created the thing... No surprise there [you incorrigible stalker, you].

By the way, do you even know the link? I believe my profile is hidden. So it might be unstalkable for now... It's hidden intentionally because I posted a picture of Cadie's birthday present on there and I didn't want her to find it accidentally before her party tomorrow.

Deborah Purdy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.