3.02.2012

Kind-of-shortcut Gift Idea (Showoff!) #5

These are also old pictures.
Yup.  Remember Christmas 2010?  What a great time that was, huh?

At the (very, very, very) last minute, I stole an idea from a friend who had made a silhouette pillow of each of her children, only I made my mom-in-law a pillow featuring silhouettes of all the girls.  One pillow.  Not five.  I thought I was pretty clever.  I made freezer-paper stencils for the first time (so stinkin' easy, except that the scissors I used to cut the silhouettes could barely cut butter), made a ruffle for the first time so I could edge the pillow, put simple embroidery at the bottom, and I didn't think about the fact that the pillow might be outdated in a Christmas or two.  

So when my mom-in law mentioned that obvious fact this last Christmas (which was 2011, for those with tenuous date bearings), I cried uncle.  I'm not at all clever.








I'll have to prove our love in 2012 with an updated something.




2 comments :

Rebecca said...

I almost thought you were done blogging the last page and didn't come to this one. So glad I did!

I think this idea is great. I too have loved the silhouette idea but doing one for each child is a bit...overwhelming. And-doing one for all only works for a year.

But what a pleasant reason to be outdated!

Abigail said...

See? YOU thought of the outdated part! Where was my brain when I made this at 2:30 in the morning the day before we left for Long Island? It didn't even cross my mind...not once.