3.02.2012

Shortcut Gift Idea (Showoff!) #4

As long as I'm posting pictures of Embellished Things That Were Already Something in order to feel like I'm sewing (when, in fact, I'm only embellishing), here are old pictures of an outfit I decorated for a round and rosy little boy over a year ago.  I'm hoping this will make me feel better (or worse?) about still not having made my THREE-YEAR OLD nephews their baby shirts yet. 


So, here's a pre-made shirt with a lion and striped cuffs added.



Pre-made pants with stripes added to the knees.






And then I was struck with foolish inspiration to make booties just like these.  I wasn't about to spend nearly 40 dollars (pre-sale) on a pair, and they looked easy enough to figure out, so I made my own pattern.  The only problem is that they would fit a baby duck better than a baby boy.

Oh, well.  I tried.

Do you think there's much of a market in the duck world for baby booties?  I could make a fortune!





The boy's name is Judah- hence, the embroidered Biblical reference to "Lion's Whelp."   Besides, "Duck's Whelp" just didn't have the same ring...



3 comments :

Mary said...

You'r an amazing woman!

Abigail said...

The ducks certainly think so. They LOVE the booties I've been whipping out for them!

Rebecca said...

the best gift ever.