7.09.2012

100 Dresses

Titi, this is the wall quilt my mom made that I was telling you about.  She had to make it around the theme of "peach" with at least 60% (I think) of the fabric in some shade of peach.  I would have been hard pressed to make anything interesting in peach, but see how variations on the same thing make all the difference? Dainty little buttons, ric-rac, laces and ribbons... It reminds me of the dresses you sewed together.

For Christmas, she used the same pattern to make all the girls in the family a potholder or two, and the different fabrics and notions she used made them all completely unique.  (Another bonus is that you can use up all the little scraps of things you've picked up at rummage sales.  By "you," I of course mean "me.")




Lower half.
Oops.  The lace trim on that bottom dress is flipped up.  (How embarrassing.)




Top half.


No comments :