7.09.2012

Don't Forget to Scrub Behind Your Ears

Millie and I have opposing goals for the summer.  Mine is to see how many layers of dirt my children can accumulate on their bodies before I'm forced to wash them.  One of Millie's oft-stated desires, on the other hand, was to scrub her daughter and clothing until they both were squeaky clean.


What very different views of the world we have.


 


Mission accomplished.











Then she hung the wardrobe on my garden fence, 








and made a royal pavilion for the nearly disintegrated royal lady.  Laura, you don't know how good you have it.  (And, remember, she's been in this state for a while...)




2 comments :

Griffen said...

Why has God made the fancy of Washing Clothes diminish with time? Lilee loves doing laundry as a pastime. She'll often "wash" clean clothes, which brings out No Fun Mom.

Stillwater Mike said...

Don't forget to wash behind your ears. My mom and dad used that admonition in the 50's-60's and now I think I have figured out why. Yes hair oil and dirt is there and the area is protected but it's also the spot, along with the nape of the neck, that lice love. I'd bet back when, I'd say turn of the century and on till we had better understanding of the lice cycle and how they lived standard was bathe and scrub behind ears and then run nit comb through the hair. Doesn't stop the lice but controls the infestation.

It makes sense to me.