7.09.2012

Cross Country Pumpkins

This post is for Molly who so generously mailed us heirloom pumpkin seeds.  We hope that Texas seeds grow BIG fruit like everything else in that fine state.  :) 
Here are the girls at the starting line, tidily arranged by age.  I told them they couldn't start planting until I yelled, "GO!," after which I took this picture.





Luci was pleased to have her temporary banishment from the garden revoked in order to plant a pumpkin hill.  (She kept squashing plants, so I had exercised my fence-erector's rights earlier in the day.)





Annika morphs into Frankie...




Millie, pumpkin lover, described in great detail her plans for a milk-fed pumpkin this year.





I haven't yet taken pictures of their finished hills, but they're decorated with rings of stones and weird metal treasure we excavated from the garden (ancient horseshoes, an old axehead, and so on). More posts to come as the globes form!

No comments :