7.10.2012

It Tasted Good, Though. I Had Two Bowls.

Andy and Wendy gave so many of their belongings away, including much that could have brought them cash in return, and buckets of it fell on our steps (including a fancy stove to replace our two-working-burners one).

Not only did they freely give large items, but my family was also the recipient of many edible goodies as they cleaned out their cupboards.  The backdrop to these two pictures is a brief conversation I had 2 weeks ago with Wendy and my niece about why my girls don't usually eat boxed cereal more than once or twice a month, the chiefest reasons being cost and mess.

One: Cereal costs way more than something I can make from scratch
Two: When I give it to them unattended (i.e. go pour yourselves some bowls of cereal, girlies!), Piper and Luci usually manage to make the ease of boxed food so much less easy.

This is even more apparent when the cereal is SUGAR CEREAL, a luxury usually reserved only for Christmas morning, and when I make the girls wait for ONE WHOLE DAY before they're allowed to eat it.  When Sunday morning finally arrived, they tore into it like street rats, and when I came downstairs with Ezekiel later, this was the scene.





Thanks for nothing, Wendy.  :)




2 comments :

Molly said...

Oh my goodness! This picture with your witty post just made my day!! I am still laughing! "Street rats" - that is good, Abigail. In the midst of tears you make me smile.

Much love.

Rebecca said...

dyno bites are the WORST.