7.09.2012

The Pipsqueak Vanishes




Our little Pip turned four years old a month ago, and the sight of her stretched to full length on the couch makes me exclaim in wonder and consternation. Soon we'll have to change her name to Big Pip, by which she'll doubtless be delighted, given the fact that she comes to me nearly every day, hitches up her clothing, exposes her undies, and proudly says, "Look, Mama. See how BIG my legs are?" That'll probably change someday, too, as my big legs aren't really something I'm eager to show off at this point in my life. When do thunder thighs become something to not smugly display, I wonder.

 Anyway, she's Big and endearing and sweet and lively, and we love her full to bursting.

She requested waffles for breakfast.  Easy to please.  Easy-pleasey.  I added the whipped cream and syrup because I know better.




Millie made the o.j. (from concentrate) and had her test it to ensure it had been mixed to her satisfaction.


 

And, to explain, she doesn't usually sit in a high chair, but ever since my sister(in-law) Sarah J. gave us this vintage one she found on the curb, any girl who can squeeze into it, even eight-year old Annika, usually does.
Wouldn't you?  It's got an elephant on it! 

No comments :