7.09.2012

Peanuts

A week or two after Ezekiel was born, John packed us all in the van to go out and about, which happens every so often, and wouldn't tell the girls where we were headed, which happens all the time, because he perpetually has things up his sleeve. Going out and about requires wearing "going out" clothes (i.e. presentable outfits instead of ragamuffin play-wear), and although Annika wanted to wear a different outfit, I both chose and insisted she wear this one.  She thanked me later, after we arrived outside of the Arena and the assorted clowns milling about revealed the Secret.


HULLO, CIRCUS!!!





John had received free tickets through his work, and he dropped the girls and I off for a couple of hours of color and glitz while he and Ezekiel cruised through the town's bookstores and library.






I didn't take many pictures, but I did snag a shot of my stairsteps in front of a lemon wall.



 Annika wanted a picture of herself and an elephant, but we were in the dark with bright lighting behind her, and I couldn't find a way to properly expose both extremes.  Sorry, Nixie.  Squint really hard and you can see the elephant blob near your right ear.



And, not to be left out, Millie took this picture of Zeke and I once John chauffeured us all home.  (He's the best chauffeur ever.)


No comments :