7.09.2012

Food, Mostly.

Easter is always a high point of the year. So many days have sidled past since these pictures were taken, though, that I don't much care about them.  I'll post them, anyway, because I'm compulsive, with minimal commentary, because I'm smart.


Brown and white, empty and ready for stringing.






The girls enjoying their first taste of grapefruit in over a year, sent from TEXAS with love just in time for Easter.  Thank you, Molly!  We savored every last bit of sunny citrus and thought of you each time.(They look like ravenous urchins here, don't they.   Eh.  I guess that's an appropriate enough description...)





After after grapefruit-munching came egg-coloring.  What an exhausting itinerary! 








 I was impressed by Piper's uncanny knack for dying brown eggs brilliant shades.




The kitchen all golden with an Easter morning sunrise, just before the girls came tumbling down.  Excitement and gratitude shooting from everyone.   Praise God from Whom all blessings flow.

 


  

I just can't seem to avoid making bunny pops and chocolate surprise eggs in the earliest hours of Easter morning, also called "nighttime" by the sensible souls who sleep during this time, but the joy that greets me in the morning is worth it.

This year breakfast (e.g. candy) table had a bunny theme, I guess.




Last year, John kept his surprise egg on a shelf and didn't open it until mid-summer, which befuddled and delighted the girls to no end.   Has he cracked this bearded bunny open yet?  Nope.  It's on the shelf, waiting for July or August to arrive, no doubt.




I gave them all puff tails, but there was no brainpower left for puns this year.  I was too pregnant and tired for puns.




Millie shows off the yellow chocolate shell.  Perfectly peeled!




Piper unfurls the contents.




Let's not forget the cinnamon buns.  By the time we arrived at church for worship, we were a collective fifty pounds heavier than when we'd awakened.





We hosted an Easter dinner that afternoon, with lots of good food and better people, but I was running around like a crazy, pregnant person, so I only have these three pictures.

BIRDS.  For my sister(in-law) Sarah J., who taught me that putting a bird on it makes everything better.




The table.  Yup.  Nice table. 




And my serfs doing work while I took pictures: from l to r, sister Deborah, daughter Mildred, and sudsy Annika.




Oh, yes.  Dessert.  Brownie trifle with raspberry sauce and a yummy new one: lemon cheesecake.  



Sunbeams slanting in through the dining room window topped off the day.




The End.

(Don't be offended by the focus on food in this post.  When I took the pictures, I was 38+ weeks pregnant.  Plus, I just really like food, which I suppose is why I still look pregnant.)

No comments :