7.09.2012

Big, Mean, Nasty Mother


This girl looks innocent, but she started something that made extra work for me.






How dare she?

 

I'm sure you're dying of curiosity, so I'll just show you her transgression illuminated in the glare of a flashlight.





She started leaving pictures and notes in trees for the fairies to find, which in and of itself wasn't a large offense.  The problem developed when I was a good mother and took her note, replacing it with a little trinket.  Then ALL the girls started leaving notes for the fairies, from Lu (who's clueless) and Pip (who's a firm believer) to Annie (who's hopeful) and Millie (who knew all along that it was me), and checking their notes each morning to see if they'd yet been taken home by the fae folk.

After three days of their eager checking, I remembered to leave one trinket for each girl, and that single interchange with the faeries was enough to satisfy them.  Thank goodness.  (I'm never being a good mother again.)


1 comment :

Liana said...

love.this.
Norah can't spell yet, but I'm sure something similar will follow, as she has a love for Tinker Bell.