10.30.2008

Arrrr....?

Annika wants to be a pirate for Hallowe'en. No, she's never seen these. She's never even seen Them.

McGamma gave us a few "boy" costumes last year, and one was a pirate costume that I brought out of storage when I heard Annie's costume wish. Guess who's been wearing it nonstop for the last few days? Guess who was whispering "I love my sword. It's so sharp." to herself on the way to church this past Sunday? Guess who tried to sneak it into church and gave me this look when I asked, "Just what do you think you're doing, Annika?"

Still don't know?
No, it's not me.

It's this girl.


Snapshots of the full ensemble to come in October, ye scurvy rat!

*Edit: She's since changed her mind. I typed this post a while back, and for the last three weeks, she's said she would like to be a fish. Either way, she's consistent with the seawater theme.
**Edit: For the last week, she's wanted to be a Pumpkin Elephant. (Kind of like an Elephant Pumpkin, only more Elephanty.)
***LAST UPDATE: I'm about to post this. Three days before Hallowe'en, she decided she wants to be a Forest Fairy like Millie. (Millie also decided this three days before Hallowe'en. I haven't made any costumes yet. Maybe I'll just brush Elmer's glue on their bodies and tell them to roll in the yard before we leave for treating.)

And, to not leave her out, Susannah now wants to be a Papa Butterfly.

I can't believe I used that much text to go with one, silly picture. Sheesh.
Back to your irregularly non-scheduled Shotsnaps...

2 comments :

Rebecca said...

I appreciate this post even more with the real-life words that were spent explaining your editing. Hallelujah Halloween is over...you can REST! :-)

Abigail said...

Not so fast-- Annika informed me today that she wants to be a whale for next Hallowe'en.

I've already begun preparations for a life-size, to-scale costume. (Who am I kidding...)