10.30.2008

Athletics & Romantics


While his parents visited, John surprised me by setting up a honeymoon date to celebrate our seven years as husband and wife. After he squashed me in air hockey at Chuck E. Cheese's, we went out all by ourselves to the Art Theater and watched a French film. I really enjoyed it, and when I remember the name of it, I'll include a link. Unbelievably, we had the theater all to ourselves, too.

By the time the film ended, it was too late to eat dinner at most places, so we ordered chicken souvlaki at a nearby diner. Our luck ran out at this point, because although the food was delicious, we had to share the restaurant with a few other customers. I only tell you about our dinner because I only have one picture of this night, and it's of the children's menu. I couldn't stop giggling once I saw it. I felt bad for the turkey-lovin', masculine boy who comes in there and is too ashamed to order his favorite food because he'd have to say, "Um. The Gymnast, please." What were they thinking?

Anyway, I love my Heart. I love watching French films with him in an empty theater. I love eating chicken souvlaki with him in a funny, little diner. And I love that he indulgently grins while I giggle at children's menus.

Seven years. If I could, I'd choose him for seventy times seven more.

1 comment :

Rebecca said...

Happy seven years! What a joy and gift each year is