10.30.2008

Curmudgeon

Arnold Lobel knew what he was about. If this portly toad could speak, I'm sure he'd have given us a "Blah!" or two. Millie brought him inside to play for a bit, and when I tried to take a picture, he showed his displeasure by jumping onto the camera.



I squealed in surprise and then took the one below, after which he again heavily landed on my camera. So much for that, Mister Toad.


And then Annie ran inside and asked me to take her picture with a brittle monarch shell. She wouldn't sit still for more than this one picture, but (due to being dead) the monarch was kindly cooperative.

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Evan and I laughed when we saw that first picture of the toad; he really does look like he's thinking, "Blah". His expression perfectly fits any moment we may have quoted, "'Blah, says Toad.'"