10.30.2008

Two Minutes Away

One fine morning, we picked sumac berries, an old favorite.

Susannah spurned this clump (it was "bad," said she).


Millie danced around when I asked her to stand still. (However did she attach her leg that way?)


And Susannah Piper tried to oblige when I wanted a picture of her. It's really not her fault her head is so large. It's my fault. All mine. (*Later edit: And when you start misnaming your children when you type, your brain is fried.)


I tried again, without the leaves, and managed to fit most of this sweet morsel in the frame.

5 comments :

Anonymous said...

I love how toddlers make pronouncements about things like that seemingly for no reason (I'm referring to how Susannah said that clump was "bad".)

Abigail said...

I'm sure she had her reasons, but they might not have any weight in a court of law.

Griffen said...

She is BEAUTIFUL, and it does seem to me that it was not long ago that we looked at some very similar pictures of Susanna... so don't feel bad.

Abigail said...

Yeah, I guess heads must shrink when the body grows upward.

Griffen said...

I didn't mean you shouldn't feel bad about her head!!! I meant you shouldn't feel bad about calling her susannah by mistake... ie. it wasn't that long ago that you peered down into that sling and saw Susannah's face looking about the same.

Her head will get smaller though, yes.

Wait. You probably knew that's what I meant and were being funny...? Now I'm confusing myself. Ta for now!