10.30.2008

Birthday Dress

Titi (bless her peapickin' heart) can be a little bit loony when it comes to birthday gifts, and now she's joined forces with her six-year old sister Deirdre. With Titi's guidance, Deirdre made this fancy dress for Millie's sixth birthday.

Hand-made ruffle (oh, tedium!) edges the bottom


and lines the generous pockets that are perfect for found treasure.



We love it!

One evening, I remembered right before the sun went down that I'd promised Titi pictures. I threw Piper to John, and Millie and I ran to the park for a last-minute shoot. When she's aware of the camera, Millie usually spurns it, but she enjoyed it this time due to the playground's proximity.

These are my favorites. Millie and I had a race to the park, which she easily won while I puffed behind her. She didn't know that I stopped behind a tree when I saw her gather two sticks and fashion a violin. I watched her play for a bit until she saw me, and then she was off!





She ran to the far end of the park, and I, true to my extra pounds, continued to puff along behind her.

I took a few in the light, and she was off again.



I caught up with her in the shade, where the gnats were thick but where little purple flowers also grew, and she waited while I built a crown. (She's such a sucker. It was really my excuse to still her so I could take a few more pictures.)





Then she jumped up and ran for the playground, where I took these.







1 comment :

Liana said...

i love this little "series." Millie is growing up!!!
The dress is also - PERFECT.