10.30.2008

L.I. Scraps

Bits and pieces that don't easily fit elsewhere...

After enjoying the pool in which one of Sarah's friends graciously allowed us to glub about, Annika was cold. She's got a great pout. (I often have her tuck it away.)


This same friend and her husband have a menagerie of sorts fenced in their backyard, with everything from chickens and goats to pigs. Millie was desperate to touch the skittish goats. She would slooowly sidle up to them for a split-second pet before they kicked away.


The fan in my and John's room made me feel like an underwater sea creature.
Yes. I took a picture of a fan.


John's parents have worked hard to turn their new house into a dream home. It's gorgeous, and they even made a ladybug room for all the grandgirls.


We have an utter lack of television reception in our house, so it was here that Millie and Annie got their first taste of The Olympics! and Real Gymnastics!


The bunkbed in the ladybug room was the perfect place for warmups. Take a look at those rockin' gymnast suits...



Alex and Anna are so sweet to the girls. Here, Alex indulges Susannah's runrunrun.


Dude has completely transformed the yard with landscaping. He knows so much about backyard blooms and plants, and it looks beautiful. While I held my breath, he let Millie water some.



To cap it off, here's a chubby old man with her doting Grandma. (I would absolutely call Piper a turnip if the title wasn't already taken.)

No comments :