11.17.2007

And the Rains Came Down

The day began with wind and sun enough to hang a load of laundry. I groaned and cried along with the sky, though, when this happened.




To its credit, although it was horrid to my plucky load of laundry, it was a lovely, warm downpour perfect for running and play. See below.



Millie began the smearing. I took this picture as she exclaimed in delight, "Look! I'm a Pakistani child!" Two things she knows about Pakistani children: they don't cry when the masala sauce is too spicy and they have browner skin than she can ever hope to have in a dozen summer suns.



Annika continued the smearing, also with delight.








Hannah focused on her jumping skills.




I suppose Annika ended the smearing, as well, for not long after this moment the hose came out.




And these presents were left in hope on the porch.



Post Script: After a brief hosing, I threw the girls in the tub to wash up. Five minutes later, this little pixie bounced into the kitchen. "Did you clean yourself thoroughly?" I asked. "Yup," she replied. Judge for yourselves the truth of the matter...


2 comments :

Anonymous said...

I like that last picture of Annika.

On an unrelated note, I thought it was funny that she ran down from the woods at our house because "I need to give my mama a hug", and then after completing that mission went right back up again (with Justin, who went down with her). She wasn't done in the woods, she just wanted to give you a hug, and resumed from where she left off in her life after doing so. :-)

Abigail said...

I loved that she did that, and I'm glad you told me about it. I need to savor these moments while they're abundant!