11.17.2007

Blue Ones

Our formerly known as Blueberry Apple Baby discovered the joys of eating way too many blueberries this year.




Both times we picked berries, we were joined by some members of the Purdy family. Here are some of them strolling away from the weigh station. (They froze over 300 pounds of blueberries this year, so they deserve to stroll anywhere they like.)



I was glad Cadie took her camera, especially when I saw the pictures she had of Millie. It's rare that I capture Millie's natural liveliness; it's much easier to to take a snapshot of her quiet and still. Cadie was chasing her with the camera, though, and Millie thought it was great fun.

Cadie took all of the photos below; you should be glad she brought her camera, too, because I completely failed in my camera duties.

Cadie wrote this when she emailed me the photos, and I thought it was a fitting companion to her pictures of Millie's laughter,

I had the camera pointed at Millie to take a picture of her, and she had a little "I-know-you're-taking-a-picture-of-me" smile on her face. Then she surreptitiously darted off to another blueberry bush; just because that's what she likes to do, constantly going from one bush to another. But instead of letting her go un-picture-took, I ran after her (good thing I'm not this persistent with most people; I'd have no friends), saying, "I'm going to get you!" She shrieked with laughter and ran away from me.













About this picture she took of Mom and Susannah, Cadie wrote, "I thought of a new name for Susannah's hair: The color of knots in plywood! (Or should I say Wood-Knot Red?) Doesn't it look the same color as the knots (or swirls) in the wood?"

Wood-Knot Red-- I like that.


No comments :