11.17.2007

Two Wooden Playgrouds on One Warm Day

For a month, we drove to Nanticoke once a week to collect tomatoes from our (and my mother's) drooping plants. I usually tried to fashion the trip as more than just a tomato hunt, and this day, we went to some of my old wood haunts that were within a few minute's walk.

The camel tree still stands! We each took a turn, even me, for fun and old time's sake.



The girls played on their personal playground, which pleased Mildred to no end. She has since requested to go play on her playground, having forged ownership ties immediately.







We visited the tuzzins on the hill for a spell, along with their pony, dogs, miniature horse, kittens, caterpillars, etc.





And on the way home we stopped to play on the wooden playground that they eye with longing every time we pass, just as I eyed it with longing on the way home from Sunday meeting every week. Prolonged gratification, but gratification nonetheless.









No comments :